When it comes to WordPress plugins for ecommerce, WooCommerce takes up the majority of the market share. 93.7% of online stores built with WordPress use WooCommerce. The web developers at TheeDigital use WordPress exclusively and often choose WooCommerce over other plugins for websites with online stores.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that works seamlessly with WordPress websites. It’s flexible and offers many options for store owners and developers. It also offers numerous extensions and is consistently updated. WooCommerce is a driving force behind many ecommerce trends that you will be seeing in 2022.
Table of Contents
The Top WooCommerce Online Store Trends for 2022
- 1Better Mobile Shopping Experiences
- 2Enhanced Product Pages
- 3Personalized Shopping Experiences
- 4New Interfaces for Customer Service
- 5Unique E-Commerce Websites to Catch Attention
1. Better Mobile Shopping Experiences
In 2017, 34% of e-Commerce sales across the globe were from mobile devices. Fast forward a bit and by 2021 54% of global e-commerce sales are projected to be from mobile devices.
This means online stores must be responsive, so they function and look appealing on any device. Load time is also important when it comes to mobile. Consumers are likely to lose patience with a page that refuses to load on their device. Luckily, there are plenty of WooCommerce-friendly themes available on WordPress that take the trend of mobile shopping into account:
- Woostroid – Woostroid is a popular, fast-loading ecommerce theme that’s ideal for creating a mobile-friendly shopping experience.
- KALLYAS – The KALLYAS theme allows you to easily create a responsive online store.
- Flatsome – Flatsome is one of the best-selling WooCommerce themes. Use the drag-and-drop builder to create a beautiful, responsive online store that works beautifully on mobile devices.
2. Enhanced Product Pages
In recent years, we saw video, virtual reality, and 360º visual content come into their own. New technology and faster internet speeds made it much easier for web designers to include this type of content on their websites. This is great news for ecommerce, as it means more enhanced product pages that can include a video to show your product in action. WooCommerce even offers a 360º Image feature, which allows users to add a dynamic 360º rotation to your product images. This is only the beginning. Early-stage virtual and augmented reality startups are focused on ecommerce, so expect more of these features to be added to WooCommerce in 2022.
In addition to video, expect more detailed descriptions in product pages. While brief text content is usually the norm, product pages are different. The more info, the better! Be sure to include your top keywords and phrases to boost SEO.
3. Personalized Shopping Experiences
While artificial intelligence will certainly help provide personalized customer service, this technology also helps in providing more personalized shopping experiences. Personalizing a shopping experience is more than just greeting your customer by name. Knowing your customer’s location, language, and shopping habits allows you to show them local events or sales that would be of interest to them as they browse your online store. WooCommerce offers a variety of features to help you provide a more personalized shopping experience for your customers:
- MultilingualPress – Speak your customer’s language with MultilingualPress! If your online store has gone global, translating your product pages is vital to increasing conversions.
- WooCommerce Extra Product Options – The WooCommerce Extra Product Options Extension gives you the ability to build forms with conditional logic so customers can easily customize products to their liking.
- WooCommerce Darwin Pricing Integration – Add geo-targeted coupon codes and tracking codes with the WooCommerce Darwin Pricing Integration plugin.
4. New Interfaces for Customer Service
The chatbots are coming! Actually, they’ve already arrived. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are doing wonders when it comes to customer service. Chatbots are available 24/7 and can take on simple questions. With machine learning, chatbots can get even smarter as they learn more about your customers. WooCommerce is ahead of the game on this trend. There are already several chatbot plugins that work with WooCommerce:
- WooWBot – The WooWBot is a standalone chatbot shop assistant that doesn’t require any 3rd party service integrations.
- Facebook Messenger for WooCommerce – Facebook Messenger is leading the way when it comes to chatbots. Use BotMaker to easily integrate with your WooCommerce store.
- Omise – Omise is another integration that connects Facebook Messenger to your online store.
5. Unique E-Commerce Websites to Catch Attention
It’s always important to stand out from the crowd, especially in the large world of e-commerce. Making your site’s appearance more unique can help your business cement itself in the minds of visitors and potential customers and we predict that we’ll be seeing some specific aesthetics that help keep people interested. These days trends like using high saturation, minimalistic design, and vibrant, eye-catching colors can draw interest and may help you win more on-page time and ultimately, conversions.
An experienced WooCommerce website developer can help you achieve the design that gives your business’ site a memorable and engaging feel and look.
Contact Us for Expert WooCommerce Website Development
Looking for an experienced web development agency that can create a responsive online store with WooCommerce? Contact our award-winning WooCommerce website developers and ecommerce marketing professionals in Raleigh, NC at 919-341-8901 or schedule a complimentary consultation and website review.
The post The Top WooCommerce Online Store Trends for 2022 appeared first on TheeDigital.
By: Rowland Yeargan
Title: The Top WooCommerce Online Store Trends for 2022
Sourced From: www.theedigital.com/blog/woocommerce-online-store-trends
Published Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 11:00:00 +0000